Comparison of Precise Time Measurement Made by NIC Cards Under Network Load
Wednesday | 2:05 - 2:25 pm
- Yakov Kamen, Ph.D. - Consultant, Equinix, Inc
- Yury Kamen - Consultant, Equinix, Inc.
- Ankur Sharma - Senior SW Engineer, Equinix, Inc
- Alex Wilms - Consultant, Equinix, Inc
- Stan Chernavsky - SW Engineer, Equinix, Inc.
The PTP standard allows a user to get precise time synchronization of system clocks using PTP-enabled network internet cards (NICs). However, synchronization precision heavily depends on network load, master and slave machine interactions, and type of NICs.In this presentation we demonstrate results of intensive testing of different NICs across different master/server connections and under varying network loads. We provide numerous statistics, and practical recommendations.