A Comparison of 4G and 5G Radio Signals
- Eric Percival - R&D Project Manager, Calnex Solutions
5G New Radio will significantly change and increase the complexity of the radio signals in 5G networks compared to those in 4G networks. A poster is proposed showing an outline and comparison of 4G and 5G Radio network downlinks, including:
- Frequency structures (FDD/TDD, carrier frequencies, bandwidths, subcarrier spacing etc.)
- Time domain frame structures (frame lengths, slot lengths, sample time)
- MIMO and Beam forming
- Positioning of reference and synchronisation signals and system information blocks.
- Inter and intra-cell timing requirements